Egypt :Competencies of Egypt's Law for Care of Mentally ill patients
- 29 April 2022 / News / 235 / Fares RAHAHLIA
CAIRO - 28 April 2022: Egypt's Law for the Care of the Mentally ill Patients defines the competencies of the Patients’ Rights Care Committee, and stipulates that this committee is responsible for looking after the rights stipulated in this law.
The committee's designed tasks are as follows:
- Carrying out awareness campaigns regarding these rights among patients and workers.
- Receiving complaints submitted by patients or their families and directing what is necessary.
- This committee has the right to receive grievances against admission decisions, compulsory treatment, and treatment orders, and submit them to the mental health councils.
- Article (38) of the law stipulates that in each mental health facility a committee shall be formed to take care of patients’ rights by a decision of the facility manager.
The members of this committee should include:
1 - One of the responsible psychiatrists in the facility (As the head).
2 - A patient’s family or a member of civil associations concerned with patients’ rights.
3- One of the social workers in the facility, if any.
4- A representative of the Regional Council for Mental Health.
5- A representative of the nursing staff.
The Law for the Care of Mentally Ill patients includes penalties against the psychiatrist who diagnoses or treats diseases or performs any organic treatment, which only doctors may practice, or examines the patient’s body or writes any medical or drug prescriptions for him.
Egypt-Spain relations witness remarkable development in recent years: Spanish ambassador in Cairo
- 20 April 2023
Egypt and Spain have strong relations, but they have not fulfilled the full potential of their relationship. In this article, Alvaro Iranzo Gutiérrez, the ambassador of Spain to Cairo, explains how th...
EGYPTE,PM follows up Egypt’s Sovereign Fund efforts to attract foreign, local investments
- 19 April 2023
Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli chaired a cabinet meeting on Tuesday to follow up on efforts exerted by The Sovereign Fund of Egypt (TSFE or the Fund) to attract foreign and local investments.Madbouli...
Egypt, Int’l Cooperation Ministry reviews efforts to back entrepreneurship, innovation in 2022
- 12 April 2023
The Ministry of International Cooperation has released its annual report on efforts exerted to support entrepreneurship, innovation, digital transformation and youth empowerment in 2022, shedding...